Your search results

French visa application

by Thomas Gotoo France on 19/04/2018
French visa application

Are you from a non-European Union country and you are planning to come to France?

You might need a French visa!

Depending on the purpose of your travel to France, there are different types of visas. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different France Schengen Visa.

The General required documents for a France Visa Application :

  • The France Visa Application form completely filled
  • 2 photos, in passport format (a recent whole-face capture with a light background)
  • A copy of your passport and your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
  • A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – unless it is required for the type of visa you want.
  • Travel visa insurance confirmation (minimum amount of 30,000 € coverage within France and the entire Schengen area)
  • A cover letter stating the purpose of the visit to France and the itinerary
  • Flight ticket reservations. Find out how to get a flight reservation for France Visa Applicationwithout paying the actual flight.
  • Proof of accommodationfor your entire stay in France. (Depending on the visa a hotel booking for some time could work, please confirm with the embassy of your country)
  • Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
  • Means of subsistence: Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay. ( Since june 2014 and as the European Commission specifies, any foreigner seeking to enter France, must be able to attest to the France Embassy or Consulate possessing the daily money amount of 120€ if holding no proof of prepaid accommodation). Please check with the embassy of your city the amount required.

+ according to the type of visa :

If student:

  • Proof of enrollment (letter of acceptance)
  • No-objection certificate from school or university. A No Objection Letter is a letter from your employer or your school/university which states that you have contractual obligations in your home country which you will return to. (It could be mandatory or optional according to the country)

If Training, Research or other type of internship purposes:

  • An enrolment certificate allowing attendance of courses
  • Certificate of completion or courses attended
  • Financial sustenance

If employed:

  • Employment contract
  • Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
  • Leave approval letter from employer
  • Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary

Important: According to the embassy of your country this requirements can change, you might need all of this documents or only few of them. Confirm it and the specific amounts in the website of your embassy.  

If you decide to book with GoToo Lille, we can give you the contract of the accommodation booked and if the booking process is taking longer that the time you have for you visa appointment, we can give you a certificate of the flat that you have booked with us.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


ultricies fringilla vel, quis, dolor eleifend