INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS : EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FINANCIAL SUPPORT IN FRANCE
- YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM THE CROUS
The CROUS (le centre régional des œuvres universitaires et scolaires) provides social services and benefits to students in order to improve their living and working conditions.
It concerns French students and foreign students under certain conditions.
- THE CROUS BURSARY
General conditions :
- Being registered in a French curriculum
- Being registered in a French establishment (university, college, schools…) that give access to this scholarship (You have to ask to your establishment directly)
- Following a continuous curriculum (not a work-study contract for instance)
Additional conditions for European students :
- Having been employed in France (full-time or part-time job)
- Or justify that one of your superior received income in France
Additional conditions for non-European students :
- Being recognised as a refugee by the OFPRA
- Or being recognised as eligible for subsidiary protection by the OFPRA and, living in France for at least 2 years, and certifying that you are included within a family unit in France for at least 2 years.
- Or being Andorran, that had been registered in a French high school oh the principality.
Submit your application:
The application has to be done online in the middle of January.
You just have to click on this link: https://www.messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr/envole/e
and to complete a national application that will allow you to make up to 4 scholarship wishes.
- OTHER POSSIBILITIES OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- The Erasmus + scholarship
If you are part of the Erasmus program, you are eligible for a scholarship. That grant is cumulative with the CROUS bursary and takes into account the scholarship fees and other costs relative to the exchange.
You are concerned by that grant, whatever you are studying or doing an internship in France. The only condition is that your home country has signed an Erasmus charter.
The scholarship goes from 200 to 450 euros.
How to apply :
The whole process has to be realized with your host establishment do not hesitate to contact them !
A small tip : Start dealing with the first steps between 6 months and 1 year before your departure !
- Master or PhD students? Think about the excellence scholarship!
The excellence scholarship is the scholarship of the “Eiffel” program set up by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs to attract the best foreign students.
-Being less than 30 years old
-Fields of study concerned : Law, Economics-Management, Engineering Sciences at Master’s level, Sciences in the broadest sense at Doctorate level or Political Sciences.
How to apply :
The EIFFEL excellence scholarship only concerned foreign students without restriction on the home country.
Step 1: Submit your application to the French institution of higher education
Step 2: If the institution accepts and supports your application, it is up to them to submit your application online (between October and January of the current year).
- Other grants specific to your nationality
The following link allows you to consult the existing grants according to your home country : http://campusbourses.campusfrance.org/fria/bourse/#/catalog
- Grants from regional and local authorities and regions
French regions and cities award scholarships to foreign students studying on their territory.
Please ask your regional and local authorities for further information.
You can check this video (available with english subtitles) to find out more information about the CROUS procedure for international students :